Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18th

I have recently read a book that I thought that I would pass on. I feel as though it has helped me with my grief tremendously. (It is not a grief book however) The book is called "The Shack", written by William Paul Young. It is a religious book, however, it does not reflect on one certain religion, just the "basics" of a Christian person. I would love to discuss it with anyone who has read or reads it. My sister and I have been discussing it for a week now and keep discussing. If anyone would like to borrow my copy, I can mail it to you.

I read a really good post on http://nationalshare.blogspot.com/ about grief (7/17). Rose wrote this post about a newsletters article she had read and I like the way that she explains it. There are also some other good post on there also.

This week has been pretty rough for me. I am missing both of my little Angels. But I know that someday, we will get to meet and hold them in our arms.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be.

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Danielle said...

So, very sorry about the loss of your sweet babies. Praying for your healing and praying for you as you consider TTC.

Mary said...

I will have to read this book. I love reading. Thanks for the recommendation.

Julie said...

I have read it and I love it too. The first time was over a year ago and then I re read it about 2 months ago. I would definitely recommend reading it more than once. There is so much in it.
The main character is angry at God, and so am I, so I relate to him well. I relate to his grief too.
It is such a non judgmental book. It challenges lots of ideas that the religious have about their faith. Such as music and rituals.

Sky said...

I read this book as well after loosing Charlie.

I was amazed at the clarity it gave me and how much it helped me heal.

Monica said...

Thanks for these suggestions on some good reads. Not a Christian but open to reading anything. Sounds intriguing!

Beautiful blog, by the way. Heartwrenching story.