Thursday, March 26, 2009

Under the Tree

This is the first time that I have done a "Under the Tree", and I think that it is great! If you are not familiar with it, check it out and Carly's blog, http://scarletriver26.blogspot.com/, she does many GREAT things in honor of her son.


Do you have a special place in your home for your baby/ies? What is it like? Do you have any rituals that you perform in memory of your baby/ies?
We have a mantel that has many nice things on there to honor our son, Little Dale, and our first child, Angel Baby. We have the beautiful pictures of their names in the sand, THANK YOU CARLY. We also have several pictures from L.D.'s sonogram, several angels, precious moments of a little baby boy sleeping on a cloud, and some dried flowers from L.D.'s funeral.


If you believe in an afterlife, do you receive signs from your baby/ies?
I do believe in afterlife, and I do believe in signs. I usually have many signs, but since we lost L.D. in Jan. I have only had one. I dreamt one night of a little baby boy, with chubby cheeks, and blonde hair. I could only "see" him sleeping. In my heart, I know it was my son.


Do you have a special poem, song, prayer or quote in memory of your baby/ies?
One of our favorite songs is the Hawaiian version of Somew.here Ov.er the Rain.bow. My husband and I danced to it the night before we lost Little Dale, in our living room. We played this song at our son's funeral. When I listen to the words, I think of our little angels, hanging out over the rainbows, playing with the blue birds... :-)

~Sarah~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful memories for your angels

Barbara said...

Thank you for sharing your little Angels.

I'm so sorry they aren't in your arms.

xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing I have that same little precious moment. I LOVE IT! when I saw it I had to buy it. SO reminds me of my little Kenner. I am so sorry for your losses. IT been so hard with one I don't know how I would do with having two. I am sorry they are not with you and my hope is that you can find peace. I love that version of Somewhere over the rainbow too......

Danielle Holsapple said...

I love that song tooo..we played it at our son's funeral.....thanks for sharing under the tree....